Oats are healthiest grains you can include in your diet. Packed with nutrients, fibre and healthful antioxidants, oats are super food with super health benefits. Healthy oats wrapped up in an nutrition bar is health simplified.
Oats energy bars are ideal breakfast option, healthy snack bites and meal-replacers owing to its rich nutritional and fiber profile. In addition they are gluten free and impart a delicious crunch to the bars.
Oats are categorised as super foods for their role in prevention and management of various health related disorders. Oats spell health in myriads of ways. The following are evidence health benefits of oats
- CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH
Beta-glucan –a soluble fiber present in the oats is responsible for heart health. Beta-glucan is reported to help lower both LDL and total cholesterol. It increases the excretion of cholesterol-rich bile, thereby reducing the level of cholesterol circulating in the blood. Thus, oats are essential for heart health.
High Blood pressure (hypertension) is on a rise like an epidemic. Antioxidants present in oats- the polyphenols, help bring down pressure and promote better control.
- BETTER SUGAR CONTROL
Oats are proven to help lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. The valuable fibre helps delay gastric emptying and helps lower the glycemic load of a meal. In addition oats are also reported to help improve insulin sensitivity. People with diabetes are often advised to consume oats daily.
- DIGESTIVE HEALTH
Infrequent stool, hard stools and irregular bowel movements are common complain of many. Oats, due to its soluble fiber works effectively against these digestive complains.
- WEIGHT LOSS
Oats aids in weight loss by promoting a feeling of satiety and fullness. This really becomes important when trying to maintain portion size and curbing calories while following a healthy diet
In light of several health benefits it offers, oats should essentially be a part of your diet. There are several ways to make this super food a daily affair. However, our busy schedules and lifestyles often make it difficult to add such healthy foods in our diet on regular basis. Thus oats based nutrition bars are a great way to make oats a part of your daily diet.
OATS AND ENERGY BARS
Oats energy bar are healthiest energy bars to pick while at the supermarket, however they are also easy to make at home. Energy bars are best because they make use of several healthy ingredients and blend it into a healthful bar. Oats not all provide the nutritional boost but also a twist to the taste and texture. Try our recipe for homemade bar today.
DIY Oats and Peanut Butter Energy Bar Recipe
- Rolled jumbo oats-120g
- Unsweetened puffed rice(not crisped rice cereal)- 30g
- Toasted flaked almonds-75g
- Mixed seeds-25g
- Stoned dates, chopped-130g
- raisins or dried berries of your choice- 40g
- Crunchy peanut butter-100g
- Line a 20cm/8in or 23cm/9in square tin with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
- Spread the oats out onto a baking tray and bake them for about 10 minutes until they smell nice and toasty. Set aside to cool. (You can skip this step, but it makes the bars crispier.)
- Mix together the toasted oats, puffed rice, almonds, seeds, chopped dates, and raisins in a large bowl.
- Melt the peanut butter and honey together in a small saucepan over a gentle heat. Stir until the mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined. While still warm, stir the peanut butter and honey into the oat mixture (you may need to get your hands in there) to completely coat all the oats, nuts and fruit.
- Tip the mixture into the lined tin and press firmly to make an even layer. Damp hands make this less sticky work. Place the tin into the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up before cutting into 15 bars. Wrap each bar in cling film to keep them fresh, and they’re ready to pop into a packed lunch.