6 Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers have been used for decades as another possibility from plastic surgery. The idea of injecting chemicals into the body to create that youthful glow has been gaining popularity in all types and ages of people. There are many benefits to dermal fillers as we will learn.
- Dermal fillers are minimally invasive. This means there is no cutting, slicing, or high doses of anesthesia. These dermal fillers have become known as the “lunchtime facelift.” Due to the minimal invasiveness, a person can get a filler and return to work at once. The only recommendation is to not participate in intensive physical activity for 24 to 48 hours after. No downtime is required for these procedures.
- Dermal fillers are known to have minimal potential side effects. Side effects could include an overfilled appearance as well as some swelling or bruising. Temporary numbness or redness in the area could occur as well. These are all minimal and can be reduced with ice packing or massage. Side effects should go away in just a few hours or days.
- Dermal fillers give you a more natural look than surgical procedures like a face or eye lift. Whether you’re a man or woman you want to feel youthful but not like a plastic surgeon had a party on your face.
- Dermal fillers can be used for a variety of issues. Using natural chemicals, one can plump up those thin lips, enhance those shallow facial contours and creases, and remove wrinkles. Dermal fillers can also improve recessed scars.
- Dermal fillers work on enhancing the look of skin through plumping skin and removing wrinkles. This a better option than say Botox were the muscles are frozen in the face. One can still smile when they leave the office while the Botox patient is frozen in time.
- Dermal fillers use a variety of substances to achieve that youthful result. The patient can rest assured that these chemicals do not come animals though. Some may be a synthetic version of a naturally occurring chemical in the body. Knowing there are no animal products or byproducts being injected into your face can be a relief.
Dermal fillers are an excellent way to avoid plastic surgery. No long recoveries with tons of restrictions involved give the population joy in knowing they can receive the end look they are going for. While there is no downtime, Dermal filler treatments may have to be repeated. It’s not a once and done treatment. Insurance does not cover this procedure, but most plastic surgeons offer a finance plan so be sure to ask when you make that appointment.